Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wasted Weekend

It was the warmest weekend we have had all year and I should have been outside tanning my pasty white legs, instead we spent it being responsible adults. We have been trying to finish our basement since December and we thought it would be done by now only Beckham came a little early and our lives were flipped upside down for awhile. We are having the guy come next week to hang sheet rock and frame closets so we have to get a few more things taken care of before he comes. On Friday Aaron had to work in the morning but once he got home he headed for the basement to finish the electrical. Aaron's parents came over to help and they were here until 9:00 pm. We couldn't have done it without them.

I have been tired because I have decided it is time Beckham goes to sleep by himself and he is now in his own crib. He is doing good but I am sleeping in the bed in his room so I can hear him and he is loud. I know some people have restless leg syndrome, I think he has restless body syndrome. He is all over the place and grunts non stop! He falls asleep good, he usually only has to cry for 15 minutes then he is asleep. I think it is more me that is having a hard time with him in the crib. I miss him sleeping next to me and keeping me warm. 

Saturday, first thing I did was go out and mow the lawn. It wouldn't have been so bad but we have a push mower and a big lawn. Never mind the fact that I am extremely out of shape. When I got back inside, Aaron headed back downstairs to work on the basement. When he finished we had to go and clean the medical office. We can usually go pretty fast when we clean but since Beckham came into our lives it is a little different. I end up packing him the whole time and that 15 pounds of dead weight is a little hard to maneuver. By the time that was done we went to Shelley to see if his folks needed help in their garden. By the time we got home I was wiped out. That is a lot of action and activity for a stay at home mom.  Of course the night I am most tired Beckham decides to be extremely restless. We were up most the night, then church at 9:00. Once we got home I wanted to go out and enjoy the nice weather but for my sanity I took a long nap instead. The day is not over so hopefully we can get a nice walk in as a family!

I guess I have learned another life lesson. Being an adult is not always about what you want to do, it's SOMETIMES about what you have to do. Yes, I am 31 and it has taken me this long to learn that. I am hoping that next weekend Aaron and I party it up. He has a 4 day weekend and I plan on taking full advantage of it. (Sorry no pics... my sister borrowed my camera)


1 comment:

  1. I love your quote on the header....very cute! I hear ya, girl. As an adult, and especially as a mom, we find ourselves doing lots we never thought we would. Like, did I tell ya we got a dog. Oh, ya. I said NEVER...but she is ours anyway and I am the one taking care of her. That's life.....as a mother....doing things for your kids....in spite of yourself!

    ReplyDelete