Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A day at a time

So, Today was the first day the weather has been nice. It is a little chilly but not bad. I decided I was going to drop Beckham off at his Grandma's house and start my days of running. Soon after I decided this my sister stopped by at brought Beckham some cute new outfits and after walking her out to her car I realized it was colder than I thought. I quickly went inside and decided to nap with Beckham instead! 

After waking up I felt sluggish and gross. I packed up Beckham and headed to the park for a walk. I have never been much of a walker. I get bored easy and want to stop. So, I thought I might as well try running and see what happens. Keep in mind I have Beckham in a huge Graco stroller, the kind you set the car seat in. Instantly my legs feel heavier than ever and after about 30 seconds my throat starts burning. I probably ran less then a quarter mile and stopped. I have never felt so out of shape in my whole life. It was crazy. 

Now my new goal in fitness is to get out out everyday and try to run a little bit more than I did last time, which shouldn't be too hard! Tomorrow I will walk after work with the little man and go from there! 

A day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. You better be getting out there, no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have a blog!!! How are you?? Your little man is adorable and I love the name!

    I totally relate to this post. I'm trying to run as well and I'm struggling. My little guy is almost 2 and I still haven't gotten back to my working out routine---YIKES! One day at a time (starting tomorrow). Oh, I'll be in Seattle. Hmmm...I guess I'll have to start again on Wednesday. :)

    My blog is private but send me an email at abuckbaker@yahoo.com and I'll invite you if you want to be a "follower." I need all the blog friends I can get!!!!

    ReplyDelete