Monday, May 4, 2009

Enough is Enough

I am now fully going to commit myself to getting back into shape! I have been saying I was going to start running again for 2 weeks now and yet I have not logged any miles. I keep using the excuse of just having a baby but I think the time is up. I will commit myself to running a mile tomorrow. I figure if I just take it a day at a time I won't get too overwhelmed. I am wanting to do a race at the end of June, To Bone and Back. It's a 8 man relay, each leg is 5 miles. So I do have a goal, lets see if I can reach it. 

I would also like to give up drinking soda. I have an amazing little sister, Kristen, She gave up smoking cold turkey. I keep telling myself, if Kristen can do it so can I! So we will see. I am hoping by posting it on my blog, I will stick to it. I want to be a good example to Beckham and want to have an active, healthy family. 

Tomorrow is day number one and I can do it. Why else do I subscribe to runner's magazine, to collect dust? I keep thinking to myself, I would rather be skinny than drink soda or eat fast food. Every time I think I want a soda I will tell myself that and maybe do a couple of lunges, Well at least i'll put the soda down and reach for a glass of water!

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! I'm proud of you to get going early on. I know you can do it. Just take it a day at a time and a little at this point is a lot. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I need all the support I can get. I have yet to run... go figure, the weather has been horrible here, windy and rainy. I figure I need to start on a good day so I will hate it less. I think I am going to buy a run jogger but Kristi hated hers, so I need to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I am rooting for ya! That relay sounds like a lot of fun and great incentive to get in shape!

    ReplyDelete