Monday, March 1, 2010

Open mouth, insert foot.

What is wrong with me
I continue to give people the worst compliments
I mean the best,
but it comes out terrible
I hardly ever realize it until minutes later
It usually happens at church
maybes it's because I am nervous because I don't really know the people I am talking to
so I try to come up with nice things to say...
You know, so they'll like me.
I don't think it's working!
Yesterday, I was sitting next to a really nice lady
about my age
she had a little baby
I was talking to her
don't even know her name
She said she had an 8 year old!
I quickly said, "WOW, you don't look old enough to have an 8 year old."
Thinking nothing of it.
Well, for all I know she could have got pregnant in high school!
This situation is mild compared to the other things I say.
I need to stop and think before I speak.
Someone put a muzzle on me!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that sounded bad! I would take it as a compliment if you said that to me ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karrie! I found your blog so I'm reading it now, k? Anyway, I don't think you should worry about what you say when you have good intentions. I can probably guess who you were talking to and you have to know she's used to that kind of a reaction. You are a sweetheart and people do like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karrie! I found your blog thru Joanie's, so can I read it too? I also know who you were talking about, and she's super sweet. I think it sounded like the perfect compliment. If you email me with your email address, I will invite you to my blog. becky.wessel at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, Thanks everyone and welcome to my blog. I really didn't think what I said was bad until later when Aaron said that I should probably be careful because I have no idea when she got pregnant. So from now on I will keep my compliments to shoes and hair! Just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete