Friday, March 5, 2010

Back from my Sabbatical


I took a little hiatus from running but as of today I am back at it!
Snow or no snow, I cannot put off running any longer.
After my lunch date, with my favorite ladies Stacey and Mikkel, to Ross Park Drive Inn I had no choice but to run. I love to eat Taco spaghetti and my hips and thighs LOVE to hang onto everything I put in my mouth.
As soon as I got home,
I loaded Beck into his jogging stroller, Phil@Teds, and we were off!
I made it 10 steps out of my drive way before my lungs started to burn.
The pain in my gut kicked in around 2 minutes and literally didn't stop
until an hour after my run.
I only made it a mile.
One lonely mile.
gut gripping, lung burning, mile...
Oh boy, oh boy.
I have a long way to go to get to that half Marathon.
One day at a time.
No more time off.
I am a faithful, out of shape,
RUNNER!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!
    Those first steps, that first mile..they're always the hardest. You have now done the hard part, starting. You are on your way. Make sure you go 3 in a row or at least 3 times a week, you will then be set to keep it up.
    I too just started back up. Winter hasn't been good to me that is for sure. We should plan a run together that way we will have a goal to keep us going. Look into a race you want to do and I will try to come out and run it with you. Just give me enough notice to look for a flight. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Karrie!! I can't wait until I can run too ...right now I can't even take a step without having to pee:-)

    ReplyDelete