Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


We were able to spend Thanksgiving with my family in Twin Falls. It
is not very often we head that way so we TRIED to enjoy every minute of it. Beckham is such a good baby but for some reason when we stay somewhere other than our house, he will not sleep. This stresses me out... But we had a great time.
My brother in-law Josh is in a band and he just had these T-shirts made up so we were all lucky enough to get them.
The true highlight of the trip came at 1:00 in the morning when Beckham decided not to sleep. We ended up getting up and driving around Twin Falls so he would close his eyes, which he did, spoiled! But we checked out all the black Friday shoppers and ran back to my moms house and reported on how long the lines where getting.
I am so thankful for our families. They help us so much and they are a blast to hang out with!

My number one thing I am grateful for is Stacey
She is the type of best friend everyone would want. She has been there for me for the past 10 years. Good and Bad, it didn't matter, Stacey was right there beside me. She dropped everything when I decided we should go to the Fiesta Bowl at the last minute. We drove all night and she was sick. You never would have guessed. We had a blast!
I even talked her into running a couple of races with me this past summer. That's true friendship.
Stacey ended up having a stroke this past weekend, at a very young age. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My partner in crime was sent down to the University of Utah Hospital for some testing and I was relived to find out that she is going to be fine. REALLY scary non the less. She is having surgery today to fix the whole in her heart which caused the stroke. DR's say, she will be as good as new when they are done with her. I couldn't be more excited. I am now ready for her to come home and be back by all the people who love her.
Hurry home Stacey, We all LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about Stacey. I am glad she will be alright. That girl really is the bomb! Giver her our best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh Karrie Jo....soooo sweet!!! I heart you too. (and now it's a full heart...no holes anywhere!!) I'm getting better everyday..thanks so much for coming to visit me...it was awesome! We will have to hang when i get home.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete