Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Cheer



For the last couple of weeks I have been wanting to do something nice for someone but every time I think I know who or what we should do, it doesn't work out.
I have been feeling like I am missing the Christmas spirit and I feel caught up in the worldly part of Christmas this year.
well, the last couple of days I have been completely deflated, tired and worn out.
Beckham's teething, up all night and we are both miserable.
Today around 11:00 am, someone was ringing my door bell.
I look like a had just been hit by a bus.
I had just brushed my teeth and washed my face for the day.
It was my new neighbor
The day she moved in I took over a loaf of Banana bread and welcomed her to the neighborhood
She is from Rhode Island and a retired hair dresser!
Believe me she fits both stereo types...
LOVE HER!
Anyway, the first thing out of her mouth was, "ARE YOU OKAY?"
I know I looked like Hell
After explaining my last couple of days to her, she had the nicest things to say.
My favorite, "You're so pretty, you don't need to worry about it".
She had bought Beckham a stuffed animal for Christmas
and Chocolate for Aaron and me.
Just having her at my house for a few minutes really lightened and made my day.
I no longer felt tired or sorry for myself.
I quickly realized what she had just given my
The Christmas Spirit I had been looking for!
It didn't take her leaving money on my door or giving us presents
it was her kind genuine words that lifted me up and made me happy.
It truly is the little things that make the biggest impact.
I hope I remember this the whole Christmas season.
Thank you Germaine!

2 comments:

  1. We chatted yesterday and you said nothing about Beckham and being up all night. I am so sorry. Really, you need to vent to me more often! I am always here for ya, girl! Loves....

    ReplyDelete