Thursday, June 25, 2009

One last visit

 Everyone before we left from getting ice cream


Danette and I after our SHORT biking trip. Danette wanted to make sure we had a picture of her wearing her biking shoes!!! 

I was so excited last week when I got a call from Stacey asking me if I was interested in buying a road bike from a guy she works with. I have been looking for a newer bike and this one sounded perfect. Once I got the bike home it started raining, then I got sick. Finally, days later I felt up to riding the bike to see if I actually wanted to buy it. It was also my lucky day because Danette and Keion were going to be in Pocatello and she said she would ride my old bike while I tested out the new one! The excitement only lasted a couple of minutes...

Once we started out I quickly realized I hated the way the gears shifted and it wasn't too much later that the chain fell of the bike. I was so annoyed. I was all greasy and wet, I forgot to mention my camel back had leaked all over me so it looked like I had massive butt sweat, which I very well could have but no one would no due to all the water that had leaked out of the camel back... anyway, a bunch of people pulled up on their 4 wheelers and came to our rescue and put the chain back on. Once the chain was on I was ready to head back to the car. I had enough, I knew I no longer had any interest in buying the bike. 

Once back in town we were able to meet back up with my little sisters, Carson(Mikkel's boyfriend), Keion and Beckham. We all had ice cream and hung out for one last time before Danette and Keion had to go back to Michigan. 

It was so nice having them around, Danette was very motivating and made want to run more. I will miss the having them around. It was great that Danette was able to run with me and bike with me. It's great having someone to drag your butt out of the house and get you going! I hope they move back this way once Kylan is done with his residency. Oh, can I also mention what a little hottie Keion has turned out to be, he is also an amazing kid. Good work Danette and Kylan!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I didn't know that you had a "Myspace for Married people" page! We do too! :) Beckham is a little doll by the way! I am going to add you guys to our little blog list so we can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Mikkel...always the poser! I miss Danette and Keion too. Having come visit is great, but then ya miss em when they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to blame the bike ride for my poor performance in my half!
    I'll tell you all about it later. I'm loving the bike even though it was a short ride. I would love to do duathalons or team up with Kylan and have him do the bike and I'll do the run. So much fun. I'm glad we were able to do it. Too bad we don't live closer so that we could do more activities together. We had a blast hanging out with all of you. Little Beckham is a sweet pea and he's lucky to have such great parents.
    Can't wait to see you guys again...soon if you know who gets on the married train!

    ReplyDelete