Thursday, June 4, 2009

The face of thrush


Poor Beckham.... When I dropped Beckham off at Deena's house yesterday she asked me what was on his tongue... I thought it was milk, which was really dumb of me because it wouldn't wipe off and it had been there all day, it's not like my breast milk is pasty or sticky. Anyway, she tells me it's thrush!!! It is a good thing this kid goes to someone else everyone once in awhile or who knows how long I would have thought he had milk on his taste buds!

The Doctor said for him to take this stuff over the counter called Gentian Violet for 3 days and if it doesn't clear up he will have to go see the Dr. The stuff stains his mouth purple and makes him look goth. I didn't taste it but by the look on B's face when I wiped it on his tongue, it's probably pretty nasty!

Thank you Deena for Diagnosing my son and saving me from what could have been a complete mess. I think we caught it early so it should clear soon!

2 comments:

  1. Keion had that too. I'm pretty sure mom diagnosed his!! You aren't the only one and the next time, you will catch it on your own.
    Watch out, that stuff doesn't come out of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for Diaper rash. It is comomon for babies to get diaper rash the same time as thrush due to the yeast infection.
    Also if you are breast feeding clean your nipples before and after each feeding so that you don't keep passing it back and forth.
    Also, it helps to dry your nipples and apply lanolin lotion after breast-feeding.

    OK officially creapy!!!! To much information coming from me.....YES I KNOW!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete