Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Personal Trainer

My supportive, loving husband and baby boy!

I decided to run a half marathon about a month ago, why you ask, because everyone else in my family is doing it and I don't want to be left out. Crazy I know!!! I had a list of reasons why I shouldn't or couldn't do it but once my list ran out, I no longer had any excuses and here I am, well on my way! My goal is to run the beginning of November in St. George. It has been a little trying with a 4 month old but Robert and Kristi gave me a jogging stroller and I just so happen to have the BEST husband in the world who will work hard all day and come home and watch Beckham so I can get my run in!!

Sometimes my day is a little crazy or it is just too hot by the time I get off of work and I end up running later at night. Aaron hates the fact that I will be out running all ALONE when it is dark outside so he will give me a 15 minute head start then go out in the car to make sure I am okay. It is so nice of him, mentally for me it helps a ton to know he will be there soon enough to distract me. He usually drives by with his fist out of the car window cheering me on!!! That's all I need, the support from my amazing husband and baby Beckham. Oh, it's also very nice to have him hand me water. I better not get use to the water on demand thing. I am sure that is one thing that wont happen at the half marathon. Me passing out... That's a something to count on!

4 comments:

  1. SO I was talking to Kristi a while back and decided the smae thing! I was feeling like everyone else is doing it so should I. But then I slacked and the half marathon I was shooting for is in a month and I'll never make it! Maybe I'll start up again and run the St George with you! I need something to motivate me! Your husband is so sweet to drive out to check on you. Clint sends me out with a flashlight. Good luck! Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all our husbands would be as good. I like to think it's just because Kylan thinks I can take people out on my own but really he is slacking in his duties!! LOL.
    Water on demand, now I could live with that. Just did an 8 mile run today and almost got ran over by a deer, yes, a deer. Freaked me out. Good thing my run was almost over, I don't think I would have been able to go much further with all of my adrenaline depleated!
    Keep up the good work. It takes some time but you are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob and the kids used to follow me too. Next, Bob was running by my side. Watch out, Aaron.....I think you're going to catch the bug soon too! Keep it up, Karrie. I am SO proud of you. St. George.....here we come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Karrie! That's so cute about Aaron following you and cheering you on. :) I'm feeling like such a turd after reading this. I get in my groove for about a week and then I get busy and it falls to the way side. Cripes--I'm going to become a runner (for more than a week) if it kills me. I was truly going to get back with the program this week and then I hurt my damn knee. Next week, next week!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete