Sunday, August 16, 2009

Free entrance day

We decided to go to Yellowstone Park today, little did we know the park was having free entrance day!! It was a pleasant surprise but it was extremely crowded. Aaron is convinced that there was someone there from every single state.

If you've been through the park you know how crazy it can get when there is wild life on the side of the road. I mean people were acting like kamikaze pilots darting in and out of pull outs trying to see elk and moose. I am surprised people don't end up in wrecks... I am also surprised that the crazy tourists with their cameras 2 feet away from the Mamma moose and her baby don't end trampled on the side of the road. No matter how many flyers the park puts out on how dangerous the animals can be, you still have the handful of people running across the street, through busy traffic, with their point and shoot cameras trying to get closer to the animals because the zoom on their camera doesn't get quiet close enough!!! TOURISTS!!! 

Not us, we just kept on truckin. The highlights of the trip for us would be...
Old Faithful. We got there just in time to see her blow in all her glory!! We also ran into my cousin Kreg and his family. It was fun to be able to talk to him (small world). After getting a scoop of ice cream, we were on the road again. The next stop...

The base of the Tetons. Beckham couldn't have picked a better place to poop his pants! This kid is OUT of CONTROL. His farts and poop smell sooo bad, it is unreal! I kept telling Aaron, he pooped his pants we have to pull over. Aaron replies with, "who smelt it, dealt it!".... Come on Aaron, it was clearly Beckham. He is the only one who has been eating Bananas for a week without pooping. We were excited that he was finally able to go to the bathroom. Poor guy, it had been a couple of days. So now that we know that you can eat bananas and still poop, keep on eatn' buddy!!!!    
You make those bananas look good!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy that you ran into Kreg. Didn't you know that President Obama was in the house this past week? Yes, he visited Old Faithful too. Maybe that was why it was so crowded or it could have something to do with free admission, who doesn't love something more when it is free.
    I'm jealous you are so close that you can just decide to take a drive up there. Did you have fun at mom's this weekend?
    I went for a run today (first time in over a week) and died. I thought I would just pass out on the ground and barf. It was dreadful. You must be thinking I ran forever, no, just 8 miles but I didn't even run the whole thing, maybe 5 miles of running and 3 of walking. It was horrible. I have a 10 mile race on Sat. and I'm not sure I can do it. Now that you are kicking butt maybe you can come run it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Your baby is getting big--they grow way toooooo fast. I agree...tourists at Yellowstone = annoying. :)

    ReplyDelete