Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camping

Everyone around the campfire.
The ladies, first thing in the morning.
My mullet... that's what everyone said it looked like.
This is the table to be at... It's the food table!
The only time Beckham had his eyes closed...


All it takes is one camping trip with a 4 month old to let you realize a few things in life.
 
1. We really do need a bigger car. The Subaru Outback can only hold so much stuff. 

2. All the money in the world cannot guarantee that the air mattress you just purchased isn't going to lose all of it's air by the time you wake up.

3. It doesn't matter how young you feel, it only takes one trip down the river on an inner-tube to bring you back to reality. Sore abs, tired arms, and beat up butt from hitting rocks lets you know that you are in deed getting OLD! (I still can't get out of bed without rolling)

4. When your baby doesn't sleep at night, you don't sleep at night. 

5. When your baby doesn't take a nap all day, you go crazy and you go home early!

We had a great time camping with my family over the past couple of days but we headed home early. Little B was a little too tired and refused to close his eyes with all the action going on around him. So I completely melted down and put him the car for a little drive. By the time we got out the campground I told Aaron, We are going home. Due to the lack of sleep we all had over the last couple of nights I couldn't handle any more late nights. We immediately turned around, had the tent and everything thrown into the car within 15 minutes. It was sad to leave early but well worth it by the time we got home and had a solid night worth of sleep. 

One more thing to add to my list of stuff. Tenting it is for the youth, I want... NEED an R.V.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sooo hearin' ya! After camping in the rain/mud over the 4th of July with a sick toddler and a popped mattress (which became wet because Scott tried to patch it in the rain) I was near a melt down and decided we need a camper--BAD!!!! Another thing to add to our long list of wants.... :)
    I'm glad you were able to spend some time at camp and I hope Beckam is becoming a better sleeper. I don't have any advice--Bridger's never been very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wimps you and Aaron are!! Jeez. ha ha ha ha ha. kidding of course.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That picture of me first thing in the morning is not pretty! I'll tell you what was pretty though, your mullet! It was beautiful. I wish you guys could've stayed longer. It was fun while it lasted though. Thanks for braving the mighty "waterfall" with me!
    Mikkel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your not-so-fun camping trip! I don't know what it is like to go camping with little ones but I know that my parents did it tent style with at least five of the six of us! Craziness, if you ask me! And I agree with you... I did get the short end of the stick! My weenie teammates weren't about to volunteer to do the swim though so someone's gotta take one for the team! We are maybe doing the Poky Half Marathon. We are contemplating between that one and another one. The Poky one is kind of closer to our marathon than we would like so we will see!

    ReplyDelete