Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nice try

The first attempt at trying to feed Beckham rice. He wasn't having it.
Maybe it's because this is what he was looking at, a little distracting. I couldn't eat if this was in my face!

Everyone always asks me the million dollar question, "is Beckham sleeping through the night?".  I could only wish this was the case. I do miss the days of nice peaceful uninterrupted sleep ... He is still waking up every 3 hours to eat, all day and all night, AUGH! 

 I had the bright idea to start giving him rice right before bed. The first night I did this he slept 4 hours than he was up every other hour crying and wanting to eat. The next night it was the same type of thing happened. I than thought I need to mix it up like cereal instead of putting it in his bottle... That was a joke! The poor guy could not figure out what was going on, the whole spoon thing was too much for him. 

I am not sure what to do... He is still waking up all night. The days I complained about seem like a dream to me now. Even last night he was up every hour and a half. Most of the time he only wants to eat for a few minutes and then he is out. I try to let him cry it out but he gets so out of control if I don't pick him up. Even if I pick him up and hold him to calm him down it doesn't work... This kid is working me over. He only wants to eat for a few minutes and then he will fall back asleep.

 I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!  Any suggestions?? 

5 comments:

  1. I'd be freaked out too with that mug in my face! Funny picture. I love Becks bib, awesome. What a hoot. I got nothing in way of advice. I don't remember anything about Keion and how he ever managed to start sleeping through the night or when. I CAN remember the every two hour feeding and it isn't fun.
    I hope your friends or someone else gives you some advice that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay..so I love the BUmbo--but Colton could NOT eat sitting in that thing. It is much easier to feed them laying down (like in his car seat) In fact, he still has to be reclined to eat--something about their heads wobbling too much to get the food in--Anyway, as far as sleeping, I let Colton cry when he woke up (I know I'm a horrible mom) But it is sooo much easier to do it when they are younger. Maybe try the first time he wakes up just let him try and cry himself back to sleep, it will be rough for a few days but in the long run-You both will be happier:) some people don't want to try that, but my doctor assured me that they DOn't need to eat during the night, even if they are a big baby (obviously little Beckham is getting enough to eat (chunky little guy). ANyway-i am blabbing! Hope he gets sleeping better--at least he is soo stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bib too, awesome! Keep trying the cereal. He'll take to it soon. After 10 months of Pay being up too much in the night, I had to do the crying thing too. It is one of the hardest things you'll do, but it will be worth it! Believe me! Beckham might be a little young, I don't know, but I think by 6 months or so, they say they don't need feedings at night. Just remember....it is only a phase, and it too shall pass. Just continue to enjoy the socks off the little man during the day, like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh... yeah... no suggestions. I am not very helpful in that area. BUT I think that picture of you from Beckham's perspective is hilarious!! I wish everyone could see themselves from a baby's perspective once or twice because I'm pretty everyone looks like the biggest fool ever when they are playing with a baby. And good job on your 5k! When is your next one? I think we are doing a 10k this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a book once that said they can make it through the night at 4 months. When I finally did it with Isaac he was a lot older and it was a lot worse for crying it out because he could stand up. I don't know how you lay him down for a nap but that is where I started with my other kids. Once they could put themselves to sleep at their nap they did better at night.
    I know of a couple of books that people have said help. Baby wise and Cynthia, Forrests wife, has one she is using now. She talks about it on their blog. It is called the BAby sleep solution. There is a link to her blog on Danette's and Mine. Good luck. In a few weeks or days I will be right there with ya.
    Your little man is so cute by the way.

    ReplyDelete