Monday, July 13, 2009

Letter to Beckham

4 months, handsome little fellow
3 months, starting to get a little chunky 
2 months, still a little peanut 
1 week old, still in the NICU

You are 4 months old today. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday that we found out we were going to have a little baby! In fact it was exactly one year ago this month that we found out you were on your way. You are the best baby, always smiling and laughing. Even when it is time to go to bed you think if you keep smiling  I won't make you lay down. I love the fact that you try but no way pal, you need your sleep!

Some of my favorite things that you have done over the past 4 months are... You use to grunt when you were hungry. You now have figured out how to yell and cry so you do that more when you're hungry. Your fists are the best sucking toy. I can't keep them out of your mouth, I think once you figure out how to get your toys in there you'll ease up on your hands. They are chapped from all the spit and saliva. On your car seat you have a couple of little stuff animals that hang down that you can play with. You often yell at them and suck on their legs. I always tell you to be nice to your little friends and I am hoping that doesn't make you weird... letting you believe that they are real and that you're carrying on a conversation with them (sorry in advance if you're a little off)! You love to stand and while your standing you get a real goofy look on your face and your eyes get really big. You now are eating a little bit of rice for dinner and in the morning. You seem to love it. The T.V. I can't keep you from watching it. If it's on you wont pay attention to anyone else. You also love being outside. Yesterday when your Dad and I were changing your diaper you managed to find your little boy parts. Your grabbed them so tight your Dad couldn't handle it and he had to pull your hand away (it's funny it only took 4 months to find that thing)! Just today I noticed that your hair likes to stand straight up in the air and it is fuzzy... Super cute!

These are just a few things that I love about you. I can't wait until you start to roll over and sit up. Maybe by the time you turn 5 months you will have learned to do some of these things, but I don't want to rush you. I want to enjoy all the little things you are doing right now!!! I LOVE YOU BECK!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...look what an attentive mother you are. I love how you are in love with him! They change your world don't they, and isn't it great?!

    ReplyDelete