Saturday, July 4, 2009

Firecracker run

Today Stacey and I ran our first 5K. We actually had a blast. Last night we had Aaron drive us around the course so we could see what we were up against. I wasn't nervous until we drove the course. It seemed so long... Our only goal was to finish the race and not walk. 

When we got up this morning we were feeling good. When we got to the race is a different story. We saw people warming up, doing sprints, and a lot of short short running shorts! We knew we were out of our league. We then talk to a guy who said his only goal was to come in before the parade floats (the race is along the parade route). This quickly became our new goal. 

The race went great for our first time. We came in quicker than we thought and we were able to kick in it at the end. There was a lady in front of us that I was determined to bet and she started to speed up so we really had to speed up. Don't worry we got her!!! We are actually excited about the next time we run and I think we will keep doing races. It was a great way to start off the 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!
    I'm so happy that you guys had such a great experience and are motivated to do more. You could be doing a half by this fall!
    Keep up the good work, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Rock! I'm laughing that you were racing a lady at the finish. That's awesome. I knew you guys would do great. What's next.....the half marathon? You CAN do it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete