Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cheap is GOOD!


I have wanted a console table from Pottery Barn for Years!
I don't however, want to pay $800.00 dollars for it

This is the table I always look at online
Waiting patiently for it to go on clearance
The other day it WAS on sale
$699.00

WHAT! THAT'S THE SALE!!
COME ON, I thought we were in a recession!

Well, I refuse to pay that much for a table.
So I did the next best thing,
I had my Brother in-law MAKE IT.
He did an awesome job.
And for only $250.00 dollars, I had my Console Table.

This is it.
Even better than I had imagined. It only took him 1 day to build.
It took Aaron and I 1 month to stain and finish it!

Thank you for all your hard work Todd!
We LOVE IT!

5 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Is is red? It looks red in the picture, I love it. It turned out perfect. Now time for you to do a project all by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good Karrie!!! So uhhh, do you think Todd is available to make some cute pottery Barn beds??? (Just Kidding ...kind of)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It looks amazingly just like the Potter parn table. I had to laugh that Todd made it in a day and it took Aaron a month to stain it. Too funny, although I completely understand. In fact, a month is impressive. It would have taken Bob a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. That's me, the redsoxfan! My computer doesn't work. I had to borrow my friend's lap top until my computer tech at the school gets mine fixed!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it and have been searching for something like this. Hmmm....maybe I'll have Scott build me one. Add that to the list of TO DOs...... :)Maybe in a year of two we'll have it in our living room.

    ReplyDelete