Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book or Nook


Is there anything better than holding a paper back book
in your hands while laying in bed.
peaking at the ending, just to make sure
you wont be disappointed!
I would like to believe that I am a purist when it comes to reading
books. I had the conversation with my little sister and Dad
over Christmas and we all decided that we would rather
have the actual book in hand and not
a computer screen.
WELL...
I have been thinking a lot about buying a NookColor.
My justification (because I love to justify my purchases),
It would really be for Beckham!
It would be nice being able to throw the Nook in my
bag and have tons of books for him to read.
I would no longer have to take a diaper bag full
of Children's books everywhere I went.
Just one simple little amazing Nook.
The debate is still going on,
I am torn on what to do,
But to be honest...
I am really starting to want that NookColor!

4 comments:

  1. I vote book! Even our beloved ipad is losing its flare. I think the same would happen with the nook.

    I just finished The Help. You've got to read it. I am also working on Jeannette Walls' second novel, and it is a far cry from her first. It is still good, but far less emotionally draining. I'll bring it to ya next month at the Tea Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say because I've never used digital reading tools but I really do think I would enjoy both. We are looking to get the new ipad when it comes out and I will let you know then what I think. Your all time fav books you have to have in paper. I'm not much help am I? I do say get the nook though, I'm sure Beck would love it and it sounds pretty awesome.
    Let us know if you do and how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel... the real deal all the way! Real books you can hold in your hand will NEVER die and will always be the way to go! But of course the idea of a Nook is pretty sweet as well.
    Mikkel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this conversation as well, although not with my husband who purchased one for me for Christmas this year. :) I LOVE real books but the Nook is pretty cool too. It's not something I would have splurged on for myself, but I'm liking it more and more.

    ReplyDelete