Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stockings

One tradition I will pass on to my kids is enormous stockings at Christmas.
Stockings have always been the best part and the most exciting part of Christmas morning. Don't get me wrong we, my family, love everything about the holiday but there is just something amazing about all the little and BIG things you can find in one stocking.

This got me thinking.
Beck doesn't have his own stocking... Bah Humbugh
I has having a hard time deciding on whether or not I should make just Beckham a stocking
or
should we all get NEW stockings.
I felt a little bit of guilt thinking this way. MY MOM spent her time making Aaron and I our own stockings and they are great.

While this was on my mind, I ran downstairs and pulled out the box of Christmas decorations.
I quickly found the stockings and as I pulled out my stocking
a ton of memories can flooding back to me.
I will spare you all the long memories and just share one.

The one that made my decision on whether or not to make new stockings.

I believe I was about 5 or so, maybe younger, my Mom was getting ready to put all the stockings out for SANTA to come.
WELL, a mouse had ate a hole in MY stocking. I was so upset, I knew for sure that this was the end of Christmas for me. No stocking, NO PRESENTS.
For some reason my little Brother Jared had 2 stockings so my Mom said it would be okay if I used one of his...
I was completely beside myself. I just knew Santa was going to give JARED 2 stockings and I was to go without.
I guess it's true what they say about being BAD.
Anyway, after a long night of little to no sleep, Santa had come and I did in fact get my own stocking!
SO... I realized I really haven't had my OWN stocking in YEARS!

This is what I ended up with
We all got new stockings

Now my little family will have matching stockings and hopefully santa will still be good to me and pack that stocking full of fun little and BIG treasures!

(Thanks Deena for helping me sew, watch Beck, and pick out fabric)






3 comments:

  1. Those are really cute. I like the fabric you picked out. We have such a mix match at our house. I love it though, even with the dye running stitching all over mine!
    I made Kylan a stocking while we were dating and mailed it to him. He was lucky to hold onto it even though he dumped me...I think he knew he would be back!!
    My friend Sara's slippers that you like (monkey's), she said she got them at Target. They would look real nice in your stocking..and match too! Ok, I think this is long enough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stockings! So cute! Good work! Good job to Deena too. So, is Danette saying that giving a guy one of our family's fabulous stockings makes them want to come back after dumping you? Hmmm...
    Mikkel

    ReplyDelete