Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adjusting


We couldn't wait for little Crosby to be part of our family,
We talked about it for months,
bought diapers, bottles, and made him a warm bed.
We had everything ready so that little peanut
would be comfy and cozy in his new little house.

What we didn't do is think about Beck!

My little man, he Adjusted, he loved, he played by himself.
He brought me diapers, he was a big help.


He is now out of his CRIB and into the big boy bed.
He is struggling, he clings to the crib, wanting back in,
He hates going to bed. He cries "WHY!", every night.
He crawls out of bed at least 15 times before he'll fall asleep.

It has drove me batty. I have wanted to rip my hair out, strand by strand.
It just dawned on me...
He's still adjusting. He is finding his place, in his new bed,
and in the family.
I NEED TO RELAX!
Cut the kid some slack.
He's doing great and if he tackles this bed thing
like he tackles his little brother when I'm not looking,
Then he'll get it in no time!

So be patient Beck, I too am ADJUSTING!


No comments:

Post a Comment