Sunday, June 27, 2010

The power of a black T-shirt!


It all started 2 years ago.
I needed a black shirt for a wedding.
I went for a classic black v neck.
Cotton and comfy...
a couple of months later,
pregnant!
That comfy T-shirt only fit for a few more months.
80 pounds later, the comfy T found it's way
to very back, dark end of my closet.

Beckham entered the world and
a few months later
I reached clear in the back of my
closet for that Black T!
I could have sworn I shrunk that shirt when I tried it on.
It was so snug.
Well, lets be real,
I could barely pull it past my chest...
Misery, depression, defeat, pity party.

Black T-shirt,
back to the end of the closet.
Plates of veggies, salads, holding the mayo, diet soda only, and
miles and miles of running later...
I once again reached for my comfy black T.
After dusting it off and trying it on...
It fit, the black T fit!
Baggy and comfy, just like it once was.
Tears welling up of joy,
Success, victory, plain old PARTY!
Oh the power of a black
T-SHIRT!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I loved this post! I am proud of you and all your running. You do look great, and I am glad you can sport your perfect black T once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That deserves a congratulations! I'm feeling the motivation. I've GOT to do something about this baby weight situation I have got going on! Pretty much my entire summer wardrobe is my "black t." Treadmill, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it fits! You look awesome!
    Mikkel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Karrie!!! Good job! You really do look great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohoooo!!! Good for you...I'm sure it feels awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete